Tue, Sep 03|
Bloomington West Campground
22nd Semi-Annual Midwest Preparedness Project Spring Festival
Faith. Family. Fellowship. Come build your tribe at the Midwest Preparedness Project Spring Festival!
Time & Location
Sep 03, 2024, 12:00 PM – Sep 08, 2024, 12:00 PM
Bloomington West Campground, 1299 E 600 Rd, Lawrence, KS 66047, USA
About the event
Would you like to Network with other Like-Minded Individuals and Groups? Looking to Join a Group or fill a Particular Skill Spot in your Group, or maybe looking to Start your Own Local Group and looking for ideas from other established Groups? - If you answered YES to any of these questions, This is an Event, YOU, should not miss! The Private Group Campsite is 100% Paid For by our Sponsors, so all you need to bring is Yourself, Friends/Family, Camping Supplies and Items to Trade at Barter Town!
Items of interest: *Saturday Night Potluck Dinner (See Potluck Discussion Thread for coordinated meals) * Saturday Night Barter Time (A Post SHTF Exercise, NO Cash, Bartering Only Event that's always fun for the whole Family!) ** - henceforth known as Mooretown in honor of our friend Jerry Moore. * Several FREE Classes on Multiple Topics (Schedule Posted Below)* Hiking, Fishing or Kayak/Canoe right down the hill from the Campsite * Get to know Like Minded Friends in your North, South, East and West areas of operation!
Tuesday-Thursday Activities: Free Camping - First Come, First Serve, Be Respectful of and Curtious to your Fellow Campers. - Camping Space is Limited at this Camp Site. Come on out and setup your campsite! The campground is primitive with a vault toilet and port-a-jons only. There is a working shower house with hot water down the road from the campsite.
Meet, mingle, fellowship with and get to know hundreds of new like-minded friends from all walks of life, backgrounds and parts of the Country (and Canada eh)!
Friday Activities: SEE SCHEDULE BELOW FOR DETAILS
Saturday Activities: SEE EVENT SCHEDULE BELOW FOR DETAILS
Sunday Activities: 9:30 - Sunday Morning Prayer Service
10:00 - Trash Cleanup of the campground then Breakfast at IHOP
*Disclaimer* This is Corp of Engineer land, and all State and Federal laws, rules and regulations apply:
COE CAMPGROUND RULES
- QUIET HOURS ARE 10 P.M. TO 6 A.M. DAILY
- PETS MUST BE ON A SIX-FOOT LEASH, PICKED UP AFTER, & CONTROLLED AT ALL TIMES. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN SHOWER BUILDING. *WARNING* Unruly or Unsocialized Pets and Owners may/will be asked to leave if necessary for the continutity of the Festival.
- PARKING ON GRASS AND ROADSIDES IS PROHIBITED. VEHICLES MUST BE PARKED ON CAMPSITE OR IN DESIGNATED PARKING AREAS.
- HOOKING UP TO WATER, EXCEPT TO FILL UP YOUR TANK IS PROHIBITED. No hose washing of campers is allowed. Utilizing a “T’ or “Y” attachment is not allowed.
- CAMPSITE MUST BE OCCUPIED DAILY. Equipment left unattended longer than 24 hours will be impounded and removed at owner’s expense.
- ONE FAMILY PER CAMPSITE OR A MAXIMUM OF SIX PERSONS PER SITE IS ALLOWED.
- CAMPING EQUIPMENT IS LIMITED TO 1 WHEELED UNIT PLUS 1 TENT PER SITE, OR 2 TENTS PER SITE.
- CHECK OUT TIME IS 4:00 P.M.
- NO TRASH ALLOWED IN FIRE RINGS. To include but not limited to treated Lumber, construction material, moving of fire rings.
- NO GARBAGE/TRASH MAY BE REMOVED FROM CAMPGROUND DUMPSTERS/TRASH RECEPTACLES.
- No Solicitation. Removable, “For Sale” signs on cars, campers, or any other equipment located in the recreation area is not allowed and needs to be removed upon entry.
- ALL STATE BICYCLE LAWS APPLY. No riding bicycles after dark, unless equipped with headlights and tail lights and rules of the road are being followed.
- NO ELECTRIC/GAS POWERED VEHICLES THAT ARE NOT STATE REGISTERED. THIS IS TO INCLUDE ELECTRIC BIKES, SCOOTERS, 4 WHEELERS, ETC
- CONCEALED CARRY OF FIREARMS BY PERMIT ONLY, ISSUED PRIOR TO EVENT. CONTACT: Spags@midwestpreparednessproject.com for Permit Information.
Bloomington West Campground
Bloomington West Campground, 1299 E 600 Rd, Lawrence, Ks 66047
Patrick Henry - Director/Owner
Bobby Spagnuolo - Director/Owner
Closed To Public
9:00 am – 7:00 pm
9:00 am – 9:00 pm
8:00 am – 8:00 pm
8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Our Amazing Event Sponsors!
We could not serve the community without our Amazing Sponsors, Vendors and Volunteers. We are grateful for and are actively seeking sponsorships from companies, organizations and individuals! Sharing our vision of building a community-inspired, creative festival, our sponsors play a crucial part in making our vision a reality! If you would like to join our growing list of partners and sponsors, or to learn more email us at: email@example.com